Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love letters; keeping me in a flux and flutter.

It all starts with a look, doesn't it?
It arrives to you on an inhale and suddenly your breath catches;
which makes your eyes widen,
your blood flow hasten and gives you one larger-than-usual heartbeat
which presses against your ribs and practically propels you forward
towards the one who sent it.
You feel like a vehicle for something other-worldly
and a total goober at the same time.
There's a word that has come to mind over and over these past months since that look: inevitable.
And now...
Now we write letters, pen and ink and parchment honest-to-god snail-mail letters
and this is our only means of communication.

Why are we doing this?

A test, a trial, a quest perhaps, for some kind of an answer?
Because neither of us knows the how/what/and bloody wherefore the flipping universe had in mind, bringing US together and having us fall head over heels.

Have not yet acquired any sort of enlightenment. All I know for now is these letters are amazing. To receive a LETTER in this day and age is rare and I'd forgotten how much they meant, how much they mean.

Me and my best friend from high-school would write notes in school, lengthy ones; yes we could just TALK to each other, which we did of course, but when we were apart (she in English and me in Chemistry,) we would write to each other. It was sentimental and, more often than not, filled with teen-angst that could choke a fucking pig, but I still to.this.day. have every single one of her letters; even those she wrote when we went to our own colleges. Whatever has happened to our love for each other, now that we have become estranged, does not matter because I will always have tangible proofs that we were once incredibly important to each other, that we loved each other. And that, my readers, is some powerful juju.

What will my present day love-letters bring to the forefront of our decision-making abilities? At this point I honestly don't care; what will come will come, time unfolds everything, does it not? If you remain true and honest to yourself. (Wow, um Gilbert, you think you've read enough of the bard? Christonabicycle I'm a dorrrrrrk!)

These letters, they exist, therefore love will exist in them forever.

....will have to be enough for now.

So my advice to you my lovelies is to grab a pen and some paper and write a letter. It does a body good.

Until next time, be grateful, enjoy the day, for it is YOURS.
-KG

No comments: